Jaclyn and I met in 4th grade when she transferred from a private school to my public school. She was a total nerd complete with massive, thick glasses and no sense of style from years of wearing uniforms to school. We hit it off right away and became best friends. We spent time together CONSTANTLY. The two of us practically lived at her grandmothers house and always had a blast!
As the years went on we were thrown in different directions, made different friends and different choices. Through it all we remained friends. We were the type of friends that could get in a huge fight one day and be best friends again the next.
This is very interesting to me because we still have a similar type of friendship. We go weeks without speaking and both blame the other for it. Then we get together and all anger melts away. We relish in our shared time and pick up right where we left off. We talk about anything and everything without holding back.
Yesterday I went to visit Jaclyn. She has the most beautiful daughter who is two years old and has a smile that can light up the room. The more time I spend with Giada the more I see her display the goofiness that she got from her mother, as well as the take-control attitude. I am so happy to be able to see her grow up!
I'm also extremely happy for Jaclyn. She recently married Giada's dad and in December will give birth to a baby boy! She has this wonderful family and a devoted husband which is what she always seemed to be looking for.
My former self would get very upset about the status of friendships and worry that she had no friends at all, or at least no friends that cared at all. Now I see and understand that even if a friend is not there all the time, it does not mean they care any less, or that they hate you, it just means that you'll have more to talk about when you get together again.
No comments:
Post a Comment