I have likes and dislikes, hopes and dreams, failures and flaws. I am also easily amused and easily grow bored. The likelihood of this blog writing turning into an every day or even every week thing is about 3%.
So why am I bothering?
Throughout my life I have kept various journals, handwritten and electronic, which chronicle stages of my life. I've recently embarked on the adventure of re-reading the journal I kept as a freshman in high school nearly ten years ago. It is very interesting to look back into the mind of my former self and essentially see how much I have grown or remained the same in the past ten years.
The most notable difference between my former self and my present self is that I am 23 years old and about to being my second year of graduate school while 'she' is 14-15 and going through the trials and tribulations of high school.
I like to think that I have grown into a 'better' person. That I am somehow smarter, wiser and more laid-back than my former self. Am I? Well, that is what we will find out, isn't it!?
Thinking about what I just wrote in comparison to the journal of my former self, I can tell you that my grammar has improved and I have used "lol" far less.
I hope that this does become a frequent thing for me. My last journal project was started two years ago and went bust after two short months. Cross your fingers!
No comments:
Post a Comment